Well, there is already the completion of the stimulus package that will come out to help all Americans, both individuals and businesses, but there are also places that you can look for work to help get through the next few months. Let’s hope that more than an agreement, the passing of the bill will be done today.
One of the largest companies that remains open to help the people staying at home due to Coronavirus is Amazon. For the need to help getting their packages out on time, especially with the increase of orders that has come with so many people staying home, they are increasing hourly pay by about $2.
There was another long list that one of the LinkedIn editors offered for viewers to accept for help, and I would like to share here with you:
Some industries — from shipping to online learning — are hiring to meet coronavirus-related demand. Here are some of the companies hiring right now.
- New Jersey and Los Angeles launched websites for people to find in-demand jobs at essential businesses during the pandemic.
- CVS said it was hiring 50,000 to meet exploding demand at its stores.
- Pizza Hut announced plans to hire 30,000 permanent workers
- Walmart announced it will hire about 150,000 temporary workers by the end of May for their stores, clubs, distribution centers, and fulfillment centers.
- Dollar Tree, which also owns Family Dollar, plans to hire 25,000 workers.
- 7-Eleven expects to bring on 20,000 new store employees.
- Amazon intends to hire 100,000 workers.
- Domino’s is hiring more than 10,000 workers.
- The medical community is looking for as many health care providers as possible. New York City has even asked private and retired providers to help in hospitals. More than 1,000 answered the call.
- Grocery chains (including Kroger) are looking for workers, as are shipping businesses, online learning and remote work firms.
With all of this available, knowing that you have the ability to share jobs with others if you have your own business as well, we can work together in America to support one another strongly.